Friday, October 29, 2010

Oven Thingy

My Dad enjoys woodworking.  He's very creative and handy.  He's made picnic tables, Adirondack chairs (and a really cute mini one for my sweet niece), picture frames and a ton of other things.  I'm not sure when he made his first "Oven Thingy" but it's a very useful thing to have. 

What's an Oven Thingy?  Here's what it looks like:

oven thingy 029

From the side angle it looks somewhat like some sort of deer or antelope or something.  You're probably asking yourself, what does it do? 

oven thingy 006

The mouth area is where you "grab" by hooking it onto the hot oven wire rack to pull it out.  The "antlers" are used to push the oven rack back in. 

As you can probably see from the picture this is the one that I use the most.  Nick helped his Papa (my Dad) to make it.  He even autographed it.

oven thingy 015

My Dad also makes novelty ones.  This one was for M who is a big Dallas Cowboys fan. 

oven thingy 034 oven thingy 029

Isn't that cool?  They make great stocking stuffers, housewarming gift etc.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment