Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend in San Antonio recap

We left on Thursday night on my favorite airline - Southwest Airlines.  Oh how I do LUV to fly!

1

It was an evening flight but I still managed to capture my in-flight snack. 

4

We stayed at the O'Brien Hotel Historic Boutique on Navarro.  It's the same hotel we stayed in back in May and oddly enough we were in the same room, awesome #107.

san antonio trip 10.10 092

The O'Brien is another Choice Hotel and I love staying at one because they have awesome waffles for breakfast.

5

After waiting a sufficient time after breakfast we headed to our favorite restaurant, Mi Tierra. 

6

We of course had some awesome margaritas and delicious homemade flour tortillas. 

7

8

My dinner was delicious and M enjoyed his as well.  We of course had the mariachis play two songs for us.  If you know me you know which ones I chose.  Volver, Volver and Rancho Grande.

9

10

Walking on the streets of San Antonio M could not resist the H!GH 5.

11

The next day we got up to go out to eat breakfast.  Isn't M cute?

12.1

On a recommendation from a friend we chose to try out The Guenther House.

12

13

14.1

The breakfast was quite yummy!

14.2

14.3

14.4

After breakfast we went to the gift shop.  It's small but it's loaded with lots of goodies.  We bought some more jalapeno cornbread mix and some other things.  I could not and would not pass up these wonderful cookie cutters.

14

We walked around a bit (to see what we saw click HERE!) and then headed towards the mall.  Everytime I passed an Airman I congratulated him/her on their graduation.  I still can remember what Nick's BMT graduation weekend was like.  :)

For all my Farmville friends - you may have noticed on my farm I "collect" the gnomes.  How cute is this one?

15

My son Nick and I LOVE coke and when I saw this I had to send a pic to Nick.

16

We had to find somewhere to watch the TX ~ OU game as we didn't want to just stay in our room so we settled on Tex's Sports bar.

18

We were a little hungry so we ordered their nachos.

19

M does this little thing with his napkin.  He makes a little bandana for his beer.  Isn't he cute?

20

Here's my meager attempt at artistic photos in a bar.

57

58

The Longhorns lost ::boo hoo:: so we headed back to the hotel.  We got up the next morning and decided to eat breakfast at the airport at Famiglia.  And yes at 9 in the morning they were serving pizza.  We chose to get potatoes, bacon and eggs for our breakfast.

59

60

We boarded our flight and prepared to enjoy our snack.  We got our drink first and that was delicious.

62

Sadly, the snacks didn't come until after I had finished my beverage.

63

We got these cool baby pretzels.  At least I thought they were miniature until I compared them to the State of Texas.

64

Practically covers the entire state!

All in all a very fun trip.  Tune in again for our next edition of "A Happy Couple Travels".  Until then - best wishes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment