Sunday, January 10, 2010

And so it begins...

My running regimen that is.  I began my c25k running program that I mentioned in my Random Resolutions post. 

I prefer to work out using my trusty iPhone because it has the c25k app that you can download.  I'm loving that! 

c25k 012

See the app in the lower right corner?  :)  Like I said, I'm loving it.

According to The Weather Channel, it's 32 degrees outside and feels like 25.  Yes, I decided to go for my first run in freezing weather.  Honestly though it didn't feel that bad and I've got more than enough excuses to delay starting this particular Random Resolution so I figured I better get moving before I thought of more reasons to put it off.

So I completed the workout and I am tired but that's a good thing.  The ankle (sprained on a workout run 10/31/09) held up well thanks in part to a brace I was wearing and my new New Balance WR769's.  This was my first run with them and they were awesome.  Felt much better and had more support.  I also wore an official Air Force reflective belt for safety since I am running at night and it's dark.

All in all a good start to one of my resolutions.  I'll keep you updated as my progress continues.

How are you doing on your random resolutions???

4 comments:

  1. fun post!
    Best of luck! I know you can do this.
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you!
    I've started studying again part-time and so far so good. As for the rest of my resolutions - not so good.
    Good luck with the running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks AirmanMom!! :) It's a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Juz - what are you studying? and thanks for wishing me luck!!

    ReplyDelete