Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Mom Makes Delicious Date Nut Bread

Every year at Christmastime my Mom makes date nut bread.  Not from a mix but homemade.  This year was different.  At our Make, Bake & Take this year my Mom didn't bring us our usual loaf of bread.  On Christmas Day I expected to receive our loaf then but again, no bread. 

On Saturday night we went to my brother and sister-in-laws house to celebrate my Mom and brother's birthdays.  As I walked in my Mom handed me this...

hailey's christmas 196

Yea!!!!  My Mom's delicious date nut bread!! 

I didn't want to rush the evening because we were having such a good time but secretly I did want to hurry home so I could open it up and taste test this wonderful treat. 

hailey's christmas 208

Now the way that we eat date nut bread around our house is sliced and with just a dab of butter.

hailey's christmas 219

Okay - so maybe more than a dab.  I prefer to load on the butter.  Mmmm....so yummy!!

Thanks Mom ~ it really was delicious!!

Technorati Tags: ,

3 comments:

  1. yummmmmmmy. your dabs of butter are like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks amazingly yummy!
    Happy New Year to you! I'm looking forward to your adventures on the blog in the new year.
    :)
    Juz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew she wasn't bringing it to bake and take, but I thought we would get it on Christmas too. I have a slice everyday with breakfast. I love it and was telling my students about it today. I know mom thinks she can perfect the recipe, but I love it as is! Man it is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete