Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Random Resolutions for 2010

I have decided to go ahead of make a list of the random resolutions I have created for myself so far.  Keep in mind that these are in no particular order and are subject to change due to applicable laws, local time zones and observations of certain holidays. 

hailey's christmas 192

That being said, here are the Random Resolutions for 2010:

1.  Read one Nancy Drew book a week.

I have a collection of Nancy Drew books from when I was younger.  I often watch Clean House and other similar shows and they are always talking about purging items if you aren't actively using them.  I really, really like my Nancy Drew books but all they do is sit on my shelf in my closet.  I figured if I read at least one a week then I would be "using" them and would thus justify their taking up space on the shelf. 

2.  Start and finish the Couch to 5k (C25K) program. 

You may remember in my Beginning My C25K post back in August '09 that I was going to start the program.  Well I did and due to an injury on October 31, 2009 (a minor but very annoying sprain) I put my "training" on hold.  No more!  Starting this back up beginning Tuesday so look for my exciting post then. 

3.  Lose 15 pounds in 5 months. 

This kind of goes hand in hand with number 2.  I have a wedding coming up in the middle of June so I would like to look a little more in shape than I am today.  Official weigh in is tomorrow morning right before leaving for work.  Not following any particular program other than to drink more water/Crystal Light, eat smaller portions and of course run. 

4.  Clean out my closets and PURGE!

I was cleaning off a shelf today and I found some stuff that just leaves me scratching my head.  For example, in this one little cubby hole I found a pair of earrings that I like but will never wear, two small nails and a plug in air freshener that is out of freshener.  Not sure why they were together but again, the clean theme for 2010 is going to be PURGE! PURGE! PURGE! 

5.  Try one new restaurant a month.

There are plenty of places that we would like to try and unless we make a definite plan to do it, it might not happen.  So I'm going to try and pick 12 restaurants, write the names on 12 pieces of paper and once a month on our date night we'll pick one out of the hat and that's where we'll go.  We already have TABC (Thomas Ave Beverage Co) on the list but we're open for suggestions. 

6.  Blog more.

I like blogging.  I like reading other people's blogs.  I hope to better my writing but this particular resolution is harder to measure.  Except for the blog more part.  That I can measure.  It's the "better my writing" part that may be a little subjective and difficult to measure.  This also helps to further another long term goal of mine which is to become a well known travel writer.  But that's another story.

7.  200 sit-ups in 6 weeks.

Now I'm not starting this one right away since I want to start the C25K thing first but this one will be awesome I think.  I'll let you know once I get started.  To find out more about the program I'll be following, check out Two Hundred Sit-Ups for more info.  I'm sure y'all will be totally waiting on my sit-ups postings. 

8+  I also want to do many more things this year.

  Some are measurable and some are not.  I haven't really thought much about some of these, consider it similar to free association writing or something like that. 

I'd like to travel more and explore some new places with my husband.

I'd like to embrace life and laugh more.

I'd like to help my team at work be better than they've ever been.

I'd like to greet the troops more often.  Maybe adopt a soldier or something.  Just do more than I have been to show my support and gratitude. 

I'd like to try more new recipes this year. 

I'd like to improve my photography.  This takes some patience, some time to actually start learning the craft but taking pictures is one of the things that makes me happy so I should learn to do it better.

I'd like to learn a new hobby.  Maybe how to knit or crochet.  Or how to embroider like my sister did.  Or maybe I'll learn something really wacky and off the wall. 

I'm not sure what all 2010 will bring but if I am able to accomplish most of the things on my list then I think I will have made some really positive steps in the right direction. 

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Well, some of the things on your list have been monkeys on my back for awhile. Jarrett and I already try new restaurants, but the sewing part. I actually bought a how to knit kit back in 2004 and tried to learn but did not get far. Maybe we can do that together. : ) As I said monkeys, but lets just let one jump off at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting sounds fun....we could make some really cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best for these reachable goals! Last year I set the goal to learn to crochet for my grandgirls...I learned I am all thumbs and needlework is not for me (except for rug latching-go figure)
    Happiness in Twenty-Ten to you and your family.
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks AM!! Much happiness is also wished for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete