Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Air Force Parent Pin

Not too long ago I thought I'd lost my Parent Pin.  I normally keep it in a bowl and I always put it on right before I leave the house. 

I looked in the bowl and it was not there.  A momentary panic set in.  Where was it?  Did I lose it?  Did someone come in during the dark of the night and take it?  The pin was very special to me because my Airman son gave it to me during his BMT graduation weekend and I've worn it every day since.

I looked through my purse.  No pin.  I looked on the end table.  No pin.  I looked where I keep my earrings.  No pin.  Where was my Parent Pin?  I then looked everywhere I had just looked a second time.  No pin.

Finally I went to the dirty clothes hamper and started looking through my work clothes.  No pin in my pants pocket.  I pulled out the shirt I had worn the day before and on the lapel of my shirt.  ::sigh::   I found my pin.  I pinned it on my jacket and headed out the door.

And as I always do when I touch the pin it reminds me to pray not only for my son but all who are serving. 

Thank you again to all who are serving and those that are supporting them!  I am grateful.

AF_Parent_Pin

If you'd like more info on the Parent Pins as well as other lapel pins for Air Force supporters you can visit Your Guardians of Freedom.

7 comments:

  1. i loooove the fact that you wear it EVER SINGLE DAY!!!! you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks Cassandra! I am a very proud AF Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juz - I am very glad I found it as well. I love all your cartoons. You are so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom from pa of a proud airmanOctober 29, 2014 at 11:27 AM

    I were my pin every day at work I work for Kohls. So many vets come shopping there. And they say how much it means to see that pin .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there some way to get a replacement pin mine was in my purse and someone stole my purse !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I and my wife are both Air Force Veterans. My oldest son was born in an AF hospital. He joined as well. We were given a parent pin at his graduation as well. Three years ago we lost our son to suicide. I wore that pin on my AF Veterans hat every day. A week ago I lost that pin working in the yard. I am heartbroken and am constantly on the lookout for it.

    ReplyDelete