Monday, September 6, 2010

Heading Home

In comparison to DFW, RAP is a relatively small airport.  Nick drove us to the airport and walked with us inside.

last of the sd trip 012

He chatted with us for a bit inside the airport restaurant.  It's those last moments that you wish you could freeze or at least make them last longer but all too soon it was time to say goodbye.

last of the sd trip 014

You know I have a thing about bathrooms.  The doors on the bathrooms inside the airport are these super heavy metal doors that seem like they could be used to ward off some possible attack or something.

IMG_1627

I'd also like to note that there are no paper towels in the bathroom.  There is a sign inside that says:

IMG_1628

The sign says that they are "encouraging" me to go green but without the option of being able to choose it seems like I was being forced to go green.  That or I guess I could wipe my hands on my pants.  Okay, okay...I guess I did have an option. 

Once we made it on the plane and settled in our seats I reached into the seat pocket in front of me so that I could peruse the reading materials.  The usual items were there.  I'm not really sure who is in charge of the safety instruction illustrations but they crack me up.  This lady looks like she is about to either start a conga line or the bunny hop. 

IMG_1633

During the announcements Charlotte (our lovely stewardess) mentioned that service members get free snacks.  I thought that was cool because if you wanted some snacks it was going to set you back about $4.  We were talking to her later and she explained that as a company the airlines provided snacks for those in uniform.  Charlotte takes that generosity a step further and provides snacks for anyone that can show a military ID and it's paid for by her.  Isn't that awesome?! 

Here are some views from inside the plane

IMG_1642

IMG_1644

IMG_1646

IMG_1650

We made it back to Dallas safe and sound.  Another wonderful weekend has come to a close.  My goodness we had fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment