Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cracker Jack Surprises

We've all heard the song by Jack Norworth that goes like this,

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.

M and I had the pleasure of joining Gina and Jarrett (you should check out his awesome writing) at the Texas Rangers game on Monday night.  M decided to buy some cracker jacks and we all KNOW what comes inside, right?  Of course!  The surprise!

So I eagerly waited while M opened his bag of cracker jacks.  Yes I would have preferred a box but hey, it's what they had.  Anyway he dug out the "surprise" and this is what it looked like.

cracker jack 005

It was small but hey - it still could be awesome, right?  It's not like I was seriously expecting a diamond ring or the key to a brand new car.  Well okay maybe I was hoping but I wasn't expecting.  So I folded and tore as instructed...

cracker jack 008

and opened it up to find this...

cracker jack 011

Not one to take an underwhelming moment lightly I tried to look at the bright side.  After not finding that I just tried to be positive.  There was a craft project involved and I was just the person to take on the task. 

cracker jack 011

Now if you are nerdy and already know the answer please don't ruin the "surprise" for the rest of us.  If you can't take the suspense scroll down a bit and you'll see the finished product.

Here's a handsome fellow...

cracker jack 015

At this point I still have most of you guessing...

cracker jack 016

I am pretty sure this next pic will clear things up for you...

cracker jack 021

cracker jack 022

Wait for it....wait for it.....

cracker jack 023

TaaaDaaaa!!  Anticipation is over!  Feel free to be underwhelmed! 

In case you can't figure out who this is...

cracker jack 025

I would like to point out that Abe Lincoln was the 16th President.  :::not so obvious 5 alert!  1 from 6 = 5!:::  He can also be found on what piece of currency?  Yes folks!!  The $5 bill!  WoooHoooo!  So all in all it turned out to be a fantastic surprise!  Well not really but hey - it did allow me to reference the number 5.  :)

And P.S.  It's okay to comment and it's even considered fantastic in some circles to share this blog with others.  In my quest for fame and stardom I promise not to forget you!  <3  :::giggle:::

3 comments:

  1. Ha! That was greatnes!!! Thanks for the entertainment! I thoroughly enjoyed that one! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! Sharing on my facebook page . . . if I can figure out how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an interesting surprise and when I say I was underwhelmed that's being generous. If I was in the "determine the prizes to be given" position I'm not sure what I'd choose but I don't think I'd choose the Presidential theme. Perhaps that was the best of the choices offered. Who knows! Haha!

    ReplyDelete