Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday FUNday ~ Brunch at La Duni

I've been wanting to try some new spots for breakfast/brunch and this morning was a great morning to do just that. 

La Duni was our choice and we waited eagerly for Reggie (a classmate from high school that I haven't seen in ages - we reconnected thru facebook) and her husband Kent to come and pick us up. 

1

La Duni was mentioned in the August 2010 and September 2010 issues of D Magazine as the best choice for brunch. 

2

As we pulled into the small parking lot I was a bit surprised that there wasn't clearer signage on the building.  It didn't matter because we had arrived and we strolled inside.

3

They've won many awards as you can see.  We were seated after pausing at the bar.  It was a table for 5 (you know how I love the number 5) as we were expecting Cami (Reggie's best friend) to join us. 

I promptly ordered my first mimosa and it was yummy.

7

They served water right away and I thought the glass was nice.  Not sure why it struck my fancy but it did.  It was all I could do to not tuck it in my purse and take it home.

6

M had coffee ~ taste love.

8

Cute little carafe of cream

9

Some delicious bread to enjoy before the meal

10

Me and M  <3

4

Reggie and Kent

5

I was at a Latin kitchen and bakery studio and I ordered the French scrambled eggs which seemed to be a nod to eggs Benedict.

12

My choice was good although I prefer my potatoes to be a little less crusty.

M chose the Amigas

13

All in all, despite cramped seating, the food was good.  I did not try the D Magazine recommended French toast but I hope to soon.

1 comment: