Sunday, September 26, 2010

I am a "collector"

Not in the tv show Hoarders sense of the word.  I just have a few things that I have a fondness for and I like to buy. 

For example, you know that my husband is a mailman.  Well it always catches my eye when I see mailman figurines or ornaments.  I love my Texas Longhorns and we've always been Dallas Cowboys fans and of course Nick is in the Air Force so that's near and dear to my heart.  During Christmastime I have sort of a "snowman" theme going on so I'm always looking for new ornaments. 

Over the past few months I've added to my collection and wanted to share it with y'all.

I just bought these socks earlier today and I'm going to rock them each and every game day....and maybe some other days too!  I mean seriously, why limit myself?

i collect things 005

Yes they are youth sized.  I have small feet.  What can I say.

This next cute little bear is one I purchased while at Depoe Bay, Oregon.  This one (and more of his cute military friends) can be found at The Boyds Collection, Ltd. website.

i collect things 014

On the same trip to Depoe Bay I spotted these two little ornaments.  First up is the mailman one. 

i collect things 030

Next up is an Airman ornament.

i collect things 027

As you can probably see both of these can be personalized.  I'll be getting to that nearer to Christmas.

At my local Hobby Lobby I happened upon these two Santa's. 

The first one is a Santa mailman figurine.

i collect things 039

Not too far away was a snowman mailman figurine.

i collect things 040

On a recent trip to Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota I picked up two cute things.

A mailman bobblehead. 

more stuff stuff 005

We also found this totally cute salt-n-pepper shaker.

more stuff stuff 011

We went to brunch today at Blue Mesa Grill near Northpark Mall and just a couple of stores away is the University of Texas Co-op store.  I showed you the socks I purchased but I also saw two cute Longhorn snowman ornaments. 

i collect things 008

i collect things 007

We stopped by the Academy store to pick up some Texas Rangers AL West Champs shirts and found a cute Dallas Cowboys snowman very similar to the Longhorn snowman we had purchased earlier.

i collect things 044

I love the new additions to my "collections".  What things do you collect?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the mailman/dog salt and pepper shakers. Priceless! It reminds me of my grandmother (Grandma Ponytail) who lived in Miami, FL. She would keep dog biscuits in the mailbox. Her dog, Timber, LOVED the mail man. And she taught me that dogs don't usually like the mailman because they TAKE THINGS FROM YOUR HOME. I was like, well yeah. Of COURSE! (Same with garbage men . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I never thought about why dogs may not like mailmen. Thanks again for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete